2 Samuel 12:3 shares about the prophet Nathan told the king of a poor man and his pet lamb. He said, “The poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and it grew up together with him and with his children. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him.” Could this be a clue?
1) There were definitely animals in the Garden of Eden because God gave Adam and Eve everything needed to bring them joy. If they didn't serve a purpose, He would never have created them.
2) There are at least some animals in Heaven because in the 2nd Coming, Jesus rides on a white horse and do all of the saints that come with him. Revelation 19:11-14
3) Even after man ruined his perfect existence in the Garden of Eden, they still enjoyed animals in that setting.
4) Animals are still with us in the Millennial Kingdom except they will all be peaceful with each other. Isaiah 11:6-9
5) So there is a pattern of animals with humans regardless of the Age. This may possibly be an indication that they will continue to be with us.
Revelation 21:4 and Isaiah 25:8 both say that God will wipe away every tear. This may mean we will see our pets in Heaven. God always has our best interests at heart and Luke 1:37 that nothing is impossible with God. If nothing is impossible, then we have to trust that we will see our pets again.
If so, I'll be thrilled to see 4 cats, many fish, 2 turtles, 4 poodles, 1 mutt,
2 Kelpies now 3 Kelpies as of Dec. 13, 2020, and 2 dachshunds.
God heals all wounds and wipes away all tears. Revelation 21:4. How can we not be with our furred and feathered family members in Heaven?